Playful Princess Parties
( A New Jersey based business)
Frequently asked questions and policies
When we open up doing home parties, here are some new rules and guidelines with the COVID-19 virus.
Playful Princess Parties Entertainment and Client Hold Harmless and Release Regarding Covid-19
•Playful Princess Parties and the client acknowledge the existence of the COVID-19 virus, The dangers of the virus and the potential exposure to the virus that could occur as a result of the entertainer, client, or any guests, children or adults and immediate family coming to the party.
•Playful Princess Parties and the client represent as for each of them that the entertainer and the client, each member of their respective households and immediate family and, if applicable, to the best of their knowledge, none of the guests, have not texted positive or shown signs of COVID-19, have not been in contact with any person 14 days (prior to your party date) who have tested positive for COVID – 19 or is waiting for results of a test for COVID – 19, and have not within the last 14 days (prior to your event date) arrived from or been in contact with someone who has traveled abroad.
• Playful Princess Parties and the client agree to immediately notify in writing the other party if there is any change in this representation at anytime up to 14 days after the event date.
•Playful Princess Parties and the client agree that each of them will hold harmless, release and indemnify the entertainment company and the other party and their employees, agents and representatives for any exposure to or lawsuit or other claim by anyone as a result of the COVID-19 virus causing injury, illness or other damages.
•••Since this virus is airborne and contagious and can be passed with a cough, sneeze and speaking we ask that the guests keep a consistent distance from the entertainers at all times. This protects both parties, the entertainment staff and the guests of the event.
When is my deposit due?
Your deposit is due at the time of booking the party. We require a minimum $75.00 non-refundable deposit (this has been amended below under Pandemic) in order to make your Party Reservation. A $100 deposit for any package over $200.00. After receipt of your deposit, we will contact you via email to confirm your reservation. We accept all major credit cards and debit cards through PayPal. We cannot promise any Party Entertainment Package without a deposit.
Preparing Your Party - After You've Booked Questions
When do I pay the balance?
The day of the party before the entertainer starts. Please have your payment for the party ready upon our arrival in Cash.
Can the adults at the party participate in the activities?
A Parent can be with their child and assist the child in the activity. We are a children entertainment company, therefore all the services are for children only. It is against our policy to provide any adult forms of entertainment.
When should I have my guests arrive?
If you can, please have the guests arrive 30 minutes prior to our entertainer start time. This way, when the entertainer arrives, they can start on time.
Keep in mind that the entertainer may need to be at another party after yours and any delay would delay her next party.
How will my party be confirmed?
We will call you at least 3 days prior to your scheduled party to confirm all the details with you, including your RSVPs. We will need a final head count: Your bill will be based on your final head count that you provide when you finalize your event. This does not apply to the Princess Character Parties.
When do you need to know my RSVPs?
We need to know your final count when we call you 3 days prior to your party to confirm. Adding on last minute RSVPs cannot guarantee them a dress-up set or stuffed animal etc., however we will try our hardest to accommodate all requests.
If your birthday party is scheduled on a Saturday or Sunday, then the last day to make any changes to your birthday party (add guests or subtract guests) would be the Wednesday morning prior to your event. We will not be able to make any changes after 12:00 pm on Wednesday.
What age counts in my RSVPs?
If you think the child will participate in having either face painting, make-up, tattoo, dress up or build a bear you should count them. If you know they will want to participate in the dress up party you should count them. Additional add on time is $50.00 per 30 minutes.
Are there any other additional fees I should expect above and beyond the package rate?
A Travel fee of $50.00 will be incurred for parties further than 75 minutes outside of Hillsborough, NJ and $75.00 for parties further than 100 minutes. We use google maps to determine this.
Parking fees are to be reimbursed by the client.
Some activities have an extra fee. They are marked on the party activity tab next to the activity.
What is your cancellation policy?
We will reschedule your party only in the event of your child's illness, inclement weather, or conditions that arise that are beyond our control.
Can I make changes to my party?
We do not promise to make any changes to your party after our 12:00 pm Wednesday dead line the week of your party. If it is possible then there will be a $25.00 charge per change. If you have left a message or sent an email, please do not assume that we will be able to accommodate your request (Does not apply to the Princess Character Parties).
What type of set up do you require?
Wide open space is best for our entertainment portion. We will need some space to display our photo backdrop. It is the clients’ responsibility to provide all the necessary tables and chairs.
What happens if bad weather arises or another emergency?
We use www.weather.com as a guide for bad weather.
If it is not advised to travel in cases of a "blizzard warning" or "storm warning" we will not travel, however, we will work with you to re-book a better time.
In case of a "weather advisory' or "winter storm watch" we will contact about any possible changes in the party details.
There is no extra fee if the reason to change the party date is due to inclement weather.
Day of the Party - Entertainment Questions
What should I expect when the entertainer arrives?
The entertainer will arrive approximately 10 minutes prior to the start of your party. This is to set up the music and photo backdrop.
For Dress Up Parties and Build a Bear Parties the entertainer will arrive 20 minutes prior to your party start time.
Is your make-up and face painting safe for children?
We strive to not only make your party as enjoyable and memorable as possible, but we pay close attention to ensuring we also provide the safest environment for your children.
All of our make-up, face paint, glitter and glitter tattoo adhesive is hypoallergenic and a high quality grade.
Our face painting bling is used with medical tape.
We are not liable however, for any allergic reaction that may occur.
What should I expect with the entertainment?
Playful show- stopping fun!
We provide our own professional pa system and microphone so your entertainer and our child friendly music can be heard throughout your party.
What if I want my entertainer to stay longer?
If our day's schedule allows, we will gladly accommodate such a request. The additional fee will be $50.00 for each 30 minutes.
What do you recommend as a gratuity for my entertainer?
10% - 20% of the base rate would be greatly appreciated.
If you have any other questions please give us a call.
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT PLAYFUL PRINCESS PARTIES ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ACCIDENTS OR DAMAGES CAUSED DURING YOUR PARTY, TO YOUR GUESTS, OR TO YOUR PROPERTY. YOUR ENTERTAINER WILL DO THEIR ABSOLUTE BEST TO ENSURE SAFETY; HOWEVER LIABILITY WILL BE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CLIENT.
Playful Princess Parties Birthday Party Policies and Terms of Service
Please review an abbreviated list of our policies. Your confirmation email will include a complete list.
1. Deposit: We require a minimum $75.00 non-refundable deposit in order to make your Entertainment Reservation. A $100 deposit for any package with a dress up option. All Deposits are non-refundable with NO EXCEPTIONS! Please DO NOT send your deposit without confirming that we travel to your location and that your desired date and time is available. After receipt of your deposit, we will contact you via email to confirm your reservation. We accept all major credit cards and debit cards through PAYPAL. We cannot promise any Entertainment Package without a deposit.
2. RSVP: Please contact us by phone within 4 to 5 days of your event to finalize all the details of your party. If your birthday party is scheduled on a Saturday or Sunday, then the last day to make any changes to your birthday party (add guests or subtract guests) would be the Wednesday morning prior to your event. We will not be able to make any changes after 12:00 pm on Wednesday.
3. Final Head Count: Your bill will be based on your final head count that you provide when you finalize your event. This does not apply to the Princess Character Parties.
4. Payment: Please have your payment for the party ready upon our arrival in Cash.
5. Entertainment Packages Are For Children: We provide entertainment for children! It is against our policy to provide any adult forms of entertainment.
6. Liability: Please be advised that Playful Princess Parties (Susyn Timko Music LLC) assumes no responsibility or liability to accidents or damages caused during your party to your guests or your property. Your party host/entertainer will work to ensure that your home and guests are treated with care; however, liability will lie strictly with the client.
7. Allergic Reactions: Playful Princess Parties is also not responsible for allergic reactions.
8. Supervision: It is the responsibility of the client, guest and/or guests' parent or guardian to supervise all activities relating to the entertainment.
9. Cancellations and Rescheduling: We will reschedule your party only in the event of your child's illness, inclement weather, or conditions that arise that are beyond our control. There is no extra fee if this happens once.
In the event that you need to reschedule the same party more than once the fee is half of your party total. (Example: Your party total is $290.00, the additional fee for the new party change will be $145.00.)This is subject to the reason the party is being changed again. Thank you for understanding since we reserve your date and time and may not be able to book other parties due to your booking.
10. Harassment: Your birthday party may be canceled if any form of harassment should occur.
11. Late Arrivals: Our parties are based on a schedule and it is very important that guests arrive on time.
12. Food: Please refrain from serving your guests any type of food (chips, pizza, etc...) while they are dressed in our dress up costumes.
13. Outdoor parties: Weather permitting, we can perform your birthday party outdoors. The birthday party should take place in a clean and dry area.
14. Siblings of Guests: Siblings of the guests are always welcomed. Unfortunately we will not be able to accommodate siblings as we prepare our dress up packages based on the final head count. ****This does not apply to the princess character parties.
15. Good Behavior & Participation: We are responsible for engaging the guests in constant activity and cannot be responsible for behavior issues.
16. Additional Forms of Entertainment: Please refrain from providing additional forms of entertainment during our portion of your entertainment.
17. Damaged or Wrinkled Costumes: Because we provide a traveling form of entertainment, some costumes may be wrinkled.
18. Guidelines for Completing Your Event: In the event that all the key elements of your performance have been completed & there are 10 or more minutes remaining, the entertainers will add an additional activity.
19. Lateness: If we are late by more than 10 minutes then you will be notified of the delay (this is extremely rare).
20. Non Performance: If Playful Princess Parties does not perform at your event for any reason then your deposit will be completely refunded without any claims against Playful Princess Parties.
21. Emergency Changes: Although we do not promise to make any changes to your party after our 12:00 pm Wednesday dead line, if it is possible then there will be a $25.00 charge per change. If you have left a message or sent an email, please do not assume that we will be able to accommodate your request (Does not apply to the Princess Character Parties).
22. Tables & Chairs: It is the clients’ responsibility to provide all the necessary tables and chairs.
23. Gratuity: The gratuity is not included in the package price and we recommend a standard gratuity.
24. Pandemic- During a National or world crisis the client and Playful Princess Parties can decide not to move forward with a booking since there is a concern for the client, guests and party entertainment. The client can use their deposit to change their party to a new date that is agreed upon by both parties. Deposits can be refunded in this crisis as long as our business is closed from an order by the government. This unique situation is the only time we offer a return of your deposit. The safety of our entertainers, clients and guests is most important.
Susyn Timko Music LLC